Overall Objective of the Role:
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our R&D Department!
As a Backend Engineer, you will develop and maintain our management platforms (with over 200k users). You will be mainly responsible for server-side development of features with customer-facing clients that make it all tick.
Our ideal candidate is a strong individual with experience in large-scale web application from the server side to the client, eager to learn new technologies and create a real impact on our customers.
If you enjoy tackling technological challenges using a broad set of technical skills, and passionate about pushing our technology forward while impacting millions of users, then this is the right challenge for you.
- Work in a self-organized team on the development of our management platforms (with over 200k users and high scale)
- Collaborate closely with other Product and R&D teams
- Research new technologies and integrate them into our platforms
- Design and code enhancements with an emphasis on clean and highly efficient code
- Develop new user-facing features and improve user experience
- Extensive experience with server architectural challenges
- Experience using Java and SQL
- Experience with multiple cloud platforms (especially AWS, GCP, Azure etc.)
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Good technical skills with the ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about technologies, team player
Nice to Have:
- Experience with NoSQL databases, especially Redis
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with Domain Driven Design, Event-Driven architecture, and Microservices patterns and tooling
- Have participated in an end-to-end big data and/or large-scale performance challenge
- Willingness to learn one of the leading MV* frameworks (React) and engage in E2E development of features
Reasons to Work with Us:
- Motivating financial conditions
- International projects with worldwide recognition
- A good work-life balance with flexible schedule and work from home / remote as much as possible
- Exciting new career in a friendly, dynamic, growing organization
- Professional development in a friendly multicultural environment
- Private medical subscription @ Medlife or Regina Maria
- Wellbeing Programs (sick days, 7Card, relaxation facilities in the office)
- Team buildings & other social experiences
- Referral bonuses
- Access to LinkedIn learning platform, at request