Job Description: Client is seeking for Lead Systems Engineer Significant experience with Nutanix is required for this position. One if the essential functions is to design, configure and test Nutanix hyper-converged virtual environment, windows servers, NAS storage and operating system software in support of user community and minimized downtime.
Nutanix is a type of virtualization platform
Lead Systems Engineer to design, configure and maintain systems and applications in compliance with guidelines and security best practices, and to support the end-user community.
- Design, configure and test Nutanix hyper-converged virtual environment, windows servers, NAS storage and operating system software in support of user community and minimized downtime
- Evaluate cloud, hosted and on-prem options to recommend most appropriate environments on an application basis
- Participate in long term strategies for IT
- Automate processes using scripts and other tools
- Troubleshoot and perform upgrades on business and technical applications
- Propose, design, and implement system enhancements (software and hardware) that will improve the performance, reliability and/or security of the system
- Ensure systems are current with security patches, updates and current releases and support
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve hardware, software, and other network and system problems; collaborate with network staff on network optimization
- Document, and enforce system standards based on industry best practices; Create Run Books and document all processes, system changes, and issues
- Work with information security team to secure on-prem and hosted environments by creating and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access
- Respond to all customer problems and inquiries, both within offices and remote support
- Monitor system logs and error logs; Analyze complex performance reports to pinpoint any database, application or systems problems
- Manage projects and coordinate with other teams, as needed
- Train and provide technical guidance and direction to other technical staff
- Related duties as assigned
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Significant experience with Nutanix, Acropolis (AHV) and Prism Required
- Strong Active Directory and Windows Server 2016/2019 including Group Policy Objects (GPOs), DNS, LDAP, DHCP, NFS and knowledge of TCP/IP and routing Required
- Minimum 1 year experience with Linux.
- Experience with Azure Virtual Server or AWS Preferred
- Experience administering Office 365 Required, including MS 365 Security & Compliance centers
- PowerShell, shell scripting experience Required
- Experience with Automated Patching Software, SCCM, and Enterprise Backup (preferably Veeam) in virtual environment Required
- SQL Server experience and Citrix VDI experience Preferred
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- NCA/NCP, MCSE, MS 365 Admin and/or Azure Certifications Preferred.