At Orion, User Interface Designers are integral to the creative process and play pivotal roles in the conception, design, and execution of our products and platforms. They are charged with breathing life into our solutions, harmonizing user needs with business objectives and solving complex problems through the design of intuitive interfaces and transformative digital experiences. The design deliverables they produce will shape our digital solutions and embody the best of our clients’ brands. User Interface Designers remain involved throughout the entire client initiative to ensure and maintain design quality and fidelity – and that exceptional user experiences are consistently delivered to our customers.
- Presentation Skills: Proficiently explain and articulate – internally and externally – all rationale for recommendations, choices, and solutions.
- Deliverables: Define, develop, document major UI activities and deliverables, including but not limited to: interface design concepts, look-and feel comprehensives, low/high-fidelity sketches, design systems, diagrams, data visualizations, clickable/interactive prototype demos, mood boards, style guides, custom iconography, and creation and manipulation of visuals assets (including photographs).
- Collaboration: Drive collaboration and harmonious cooperation with project team members including Experience Design Director, XD Leads, UI Leads, Program Managers, Design Technologists, Business Analysts, and Developers to forge and ensure integrity of solutions and satisfaction of clients.
- Client Relationships: Be a major catalyst in establishing strong bonds, work intimately with clients, and help steer project team towards crafting and implementing quality and successful solutions within mandated time frames and budgets – ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery of experience design responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s of BFA Degree in Art, Graphic Design, XD or similar field (at a minimum). Certifications a plus.
- 3 – 5+ years of industry and agency experience.
- Very strong computer skills, such as proficiency in common XD and UI design tools such as, but not limited to: Axure, Abstract, InVision Studio and DSM, Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- And complementary knowledge of supporting software and tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Jira, etc. is a plus.
- Must be confident but humble, independent, responsible, disciplined and organized.
- A motivated self-starter and self-reliant source of dependability, with the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment and supervise others.
- A competent understanding of major software platforms and technologies,
- Should be familiar with the capabilities and feasibility of back-end development opportunities when shaping solutions.
- Exemplary conceptual thinker, with excellent oral and written communication and presentation skill,
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.