At Orion, User Experience Designers are integral to the creative process and play pivotal roles in the strategy, conception, design, and execution of our products and platforms. They are charged with understanding and harmonizing user needs with business objectives to solve complex problems through the design of intuitive interfaces and transformative digital experiences. The activities they advocate and deliverables they produce become the keystone to aligning stakeholders and the blueprint for guiding developers. They remain involved throughout the entire initiative to ensure that positive business outcomes and exceptional user experiences are consistently delivered to our customers.
- Core Skills: User experience design, user-centered design, high-level user research, and requirements gathering.
- Deliverables: Contribute to all XD project deliverables, including but limited to: user research, strategy briefs, heuristic analysis, research reports, comparative review, interviews, personas, experience mapping, user flows, concepting, site and application maps, wireframes, functional annotations, and prototype development.
- Presentation Skills: Competently explain and articulate – internally and externally – the rationale for recommendations, choices, and solutions.
- Collaboration: Work in concert with project team members including Experience Design Director, XD Leads, UI Leads, Program Managers, Design Technologists, Business Analysts, and Developers to forge and ensure integrity of solutions and satisfaction of clients.
- Client Relationships: Establish strong bonds, working intimately with clients and peers, while crafting and implementing quality and successful solutions within mandated time frames and budgets – ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery of experience design responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in XD or similar field.
- 3+ years of industry and agency experience.
- Strong computer skills, such as proficiency in common XD tools such as, but not limited to: Axure, Abstract, InVision Studio and DSM, Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Omnigraffle, Visio, etc.
- Complementary knowledge of supporting software and tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Jira, etc.
- Must be confident but humble, independent, responsible, disciplined and organized.
- A motivated self-starter and self-reliant source of dependability and excellence, with the ability to synergize with others in a collaborative environment.
- General understanding of major software platforms and technologies.
- Should seek to explore the capabilities and feasibility of back-end development opportunities when shaping solutions.