At Orion, Experience Design is a challenging and rewarding, core passion. As multi-disciplinarians, UX|UI Designers and their blended skills are integral to the creative process and play pivotal roles in the strategy, conception, design, and execution of our products and platforms. They are charged with understanding and harmonizing user needs with business objectives to solve complex problems – and then asked to breathe life into our solutions through the visual design of intuitive interfaces and transformative digital experiences. The activities they advocate and deliverables they produce become the keystones to aligning stakeholders and the blueprint for guiding developers. The design deliverables they forge shape our digital solutions and embody the best of our clients’ brands.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Strong conceptual thinker, with excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, and proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- Presentation Skills: Competently explain and articulate – internally and externally – the rationale for recommendations, choices, and solutions.
- Deliverables: Contribute to all XD project deliverables, including but limited to: user research, strategy briefs, heuristic analysis, research reports, comparative review, interviews, personas, experience mapping, user flows, concepting, site and application maps, wireframes, functional annotations, interface design concepts, look-and-feel comprehensives, low/high fidelity sketches, design systems, diagrams and data visualizations, mood boards, custom iconography, creation and manipulation of visual assets (including photographs), clickable/interactive prototype demos, and style guides.
- Collaboration: Work in concert with project team members including Experience Design Directors, XD Leads, UI Leads, Program Managers, Design Technologists, Business Analysts, and Developers to forge and ensure integrity of solutions and satisfaction of clients.
- Client Relationships: Establish strong bonds, work intimately with clients, and manage the project team towards crafting and implementing quality and successful solutions within mandated time frames and budgets – ensuring on time and on-budget delivery of experience design responsibilities.
- Team Management: Responsible for advocating XD principles and methodologies to other disciplines and clients when necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in XD or similar field (at a minimum).
- 3+ years of industry and agency experience.
- Strong computer skills, such as proficiency in common XD and UI tools such as, but not limited to: Axure, Abstract, InVision Studio and DSM, Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Omnigraffle, Visio, etc.
- Complementary knowledge of supporting software and tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Jira, etc.
- Strong conceptual thinker, with excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills,
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.