This company is one of the largest auditing firms in the world, with locations in over 150 countries, 145,000 employees and more than 8,000 partners. The firm’s service lines are divided into audit, tax, and advisory, with industry-specific focus in each.
Technologies & Tools
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2008
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (VB.NET)
- Microsoft Silverlight 3.0
- Windows Presentation Foundation
- Microsoft .NET Application Blocks
- Microsoft Visual Studio Extension
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Adobe Portfolio
- Backend Content / Data Store
- SQL Server 2008 Enterprise
- SQL Express 2008
- SQL 2008 Reporting Services
- Project Status, Team Tracking & Collaboration
- Windows SharePoint Services
- MS Project 2007
- MS Visio 2007
- MS Word 2007
- MS Excel 2007
In most auditing firms, the manual, redundant, and traditional methods of data capture during audit process engagements result in a lack of standardized procedures, methodology and controls. This occurs across various industries, geographies and countries, which creates regulatory and compliance challenges. The company needed streamlined integration, better collaboration, and increased productivity, due to the lack of workflow processes. After experiencing storage and infrastructure issues, as well as inadequate system support for their remote and offline environments, the company worked to upgrade their systems and include delegating, tracking and a review and sign-off process.
Orion developed, implemented, deployed and now supports a platform that hosts various types of workflows in working environments, such as group, client network, data center and online. The platform is an activity-based workflow and electronic audit file that integrates the methodology, guidance, industry knowledge and related tools to manage a client’s audit process from beginning to end.
- Increased productivity by reducing manual work
- Improved efficiency and turnaround time through standardized workflow, knowledge and content authoring