For 40 years, the company used a disciplined, value-oriented approach to select micro-cap and small-cap companies. Orion partnered with the company to redevelop its online brand so that it would better reflect the company’s unique value proposition and culture.
The company wanted to develop a better user experience for its website that would highlight its differentiating identity and showcase Thought Leadership, People and Products. In order to redesign the website so that it would allow for content streaming and better navigation, the company outlined three main user goals as guiding principles: Find, Contact, and Monitor.
Since each manager had a loyal client following, Orion created a central location to showcase the company’s experience, thought leadership and insights. Orion also recommended a new approach for photography that would better reflect the people behind the funds.
The company’s history of thought leadership was concisely reflected in the primary navigation. Insights and expertise were then readily available and updated frequently to demonstrate the company’s evolving subject matter expertise and its role as a thought leader within the industry. Each product page now features an at-a-glance summary of each fund and displays stats, investment objectives and types of approach. The at-a-glance summaries can also be expanded for a more thorough recap of the content and details; these summaries are aggregated together within distinguishable groupings.
- Alignment between desktop, tablet and mobile platforms
- Optimized scan-ability and online reading experience for both short and long-form
- UX repositioned to reflect company culture and brand attributes
- Derived content strategy cross promotes organization’s key differentiators
- Highlighted the people and thought leadership behind product offerings
- Implemented visual system for differentiating products
- Centralized fund data and information
- Created robust responsive design solution for content and data rich site