This leading public agency supplies domestic water and handles a sewer system for several locations in the United States.
The company stored data using on-site locations and spreadsheets. While the spreadsheets supplied relevant information, the data was scattered and sometimes unreliable, so the company needed to reduce the amount of time and effort allocated for gathering accurate data.
Orion worked with the company to implement a single reporting platform, Microsoft Azure Data Factory. This factory is connected to all of the data sources within the company and provides real-time reports through Power BI., thus allowing employees to monitor everything from a single source and easily identify and resolve issues.
- Power BI allows staff to monitor social media and therefore make more impactful decisions
- Increased efficiency since accurate data collection now requires less time
- Real-time monitoring allows staff to identify and address errors
- Accurate predictions using data from Azure, driving more informed decisions
- Ability to monitor network and transfer data to Azure cloud
- Ability to monitor and maintain Azure platform components
- Testing and support tools
- Application installers
- Code management and Disaster recovery via Team Foundation Server