Orion works with Communication Service Providers (CSPs) & Multi System Operators (MSOs) to transform front-end and backend-technologies and deliver faster time to market.
Telecoms Engineering Services
We provide domain expertise required to deploy, integrate, optimize and manage:
- 5G RAN: Migration from custom-built network nodes to network functionality implemented in software running on a generic hardware compute platform. As network operators look to transition to a vRAN architecture for 5G, using Open RAN interfaces can reduce the cost of deploying the new 5G technology. The multi-vendor model promised by Open RAN introduces greater network complexity and difficulties maintaining system integration.
- Optical Backhaul: To power advanced services that 5G offers – autonomous cars, augmented reality, virtual reality and more.
- Edge Computing: Ensure low latency, high bandwidth, device processing and data offload as well as trusted computing and storage.
- SD-WAN: Offer increased network uptime, improved quality of service with application level awareness, higher security, application optimization, higher capacity bandwidth, centralized management and network visibility.
- IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem): Enable the convergence of data, speech and mobile network technology over an IP-based infrastructure.
- Security: Allow communication networks to handle the increased complexity and exponential rise in current cybersecurity threats.
- Applications: Manage and enhance applications to address changing business requirements and provide first/second/third line support, migration and monitoring applications, proactive risk management.
Operations Support System (OSS) & Business Support System (BSS) Modernization
Neither communication service providers nor network equipment manufacturers have time for inefficiencies in business climates that demand high performance. We can modernize tech stacks to optimize operations, lowering OPEX and supercharging release cycles. Over the past 20 years, we have supported over 30 full featured network and element management solutions. We can help with:
- Automation and AI
- OSS/Cloud migration
- API-fication using microservices
- Application modernization
- Migrating applications to cloud
- Data migration
- Fault management of events, alerts, threshold triggers and correlation to root-cause-analysis
- Configuration management, including device provisioning, configuration auditing, inventory, discovery, and firmware updates
- QoS analytical features, including Radio Access Network (RAN) conditions analysis, UE Positioning, Frequency Plan Changes, ANR, Neighboring Cell Usage, Call Failure Analysis, Cell Detection Algorithms w/frequency and Distance Ranking, Handover Tuning, and SS7 Network Monitoring
- Administration function implementations in virtualized, cloud, or hosted environments, including automated system deployment, upgrades, maintenance, and backup/restore
- Security Management including user management, activity monitoring, threat detection, and device authentication
Customer Acquisition & Onboarding
Reimagine customer journeys for attracting, engaging, acquiring, and monetizing new subscribers in a contact-less, content centric model using experience design and data analytics. Our expertise includes:
- Continuous delivery and integration cycles to help application development teams deliver code changes more frequently and reliably. This results in faster deployment of customer offerings.
- Analytics-enabled insights for ongoing customer acquisition, growth and retention.
- Capabilities to deliver a scalable B2B2X monetization platform usable for both B2C and B2B customers.
- Open-API platform to enable interoperability and ease of onboarding new partners and services.
Network As A Service
We have on-demand expertise to onboard and assume operations of large corporate networks, white-labelled security and management of SMB networks:
- Strong understanding of protocols and implementation of major network elements used within cellular networks, including eNodeB, Evolved Packet Core (EPC), IMS, HLR/HSS, SS7/SIGTRAN, Diameter, Call Session Control Function (CSCF) and many others.
- Migration of network infrastructure to non-proprietary hardware, servers, or cloud with either custom development or Open Source.
- Knowledge of OSS systems and implementation of Operations, Administration, Maintenance, and Provisioning (OAM&P).
- Implementation of cellular devices including mobile phones, cellular based peripherals, gateways, and cellular terminal adapters.
- IP Networking
- SDN: SDN Controller & OpenFlow implementation, integration & support, bare metal firmware development, OpenStack, OPNFV, and OpenVSwitch
- L2/L3 protocol stacks implementation, integration & support (data, control, management plane)
- Software development for network processors
- Software development in OTN Control plane