Keeping pace with consumer expectations
No other industry is experiencing the impact of technological change more than telecommunications. Between the arrival of 5G technology and the Internet of Things (IoT) revolution, the telecommunications industry needs satisfy elevated consumer expectations, with stronger, faster, more efficient networks and internal operations that can fuel a 5G-powered future.
Both communication service providers (CSPs) and network equipment providers (NEP) are being challenged to reinvent networks and operations to meet the insatiable marketplace demands for instant and inexhaustible delivery of data via an array of connections.
Three decades of experience
Orion has served the telecommunications industry for more than three decades. Over the years, we have enabled clients in various telecom domains, from fixed and mobile networks, in implementing enterprise and cloud-based solutions.
More than 40% of mobile traffic all over the globe is handled by the software developed and maintained by our engineers.
- We keep up to date with technology and implement agile methodologies to ensure that our customers get the best solutions tailored to their needs.
- We offer unsurpassed telecom engineering services that utilize next-generation communication technologies.
- We can take over the full software development life cycle for both backend and frontend, from analysis and design to QA and maintenance.
- We can even help you realize revenue faster by bringing services to market quicker.
Five core areas critical to carrying you forward:
Hyper-connectivity in network data and infrastructure is happening at a frenetic pace. Cloudification and automation across the Exchange-to-Exchange (E2E) telecom stack have never been more important. We can help you migrate network applications and data to the cloud, provision and manage network cloud configuration to modernize infrastructure, optimize network loads and save costs with application/platform migration to the Cloud, on-premise/Public/Hybrid Cloud solutions, Edge Cloud, Cloud DevOps and AI/big data. Network virtualization is vital to keeping pace with unprecedented and unrelenting user demands. We can collaborate with key product vendors to deploy and integrate systems to create the virtualization layer. Our experience includes:
- NFV: VNF implementation, service function chaining, management & orchestration
- Application/platform migration
- High availability services/systems development (five nines) including geo-distribution and geo-redundancy with load balancing
- Dockerized applications development and orchestration using Kubernetes
2. Operations Support System (OSS) & Business Support System (BSS) Migration
Neither communication service providers nor network equipment manufacturers have time for inefficiencies in a business climate that demands high performance. We can modernize your tech stack to optimize your operations, lowering OPEX and supercharging release cycles. Over the past 20 years, we have supported over 30 full featured network and element management solutions. We can help with:
- Automation and AI
- OSS/Cloud migration
- API-fication using microservices
- Application modernization
- Data Migration
- Fault Management of events, alerts, threshold triggers and correlation to root-cause-analysis
- Configuration Management including device provisioning, configuration auditing, inventory, discovery, and firmware updates.
- QoS Analytical features including Radio Access Network (RAN) conditions analysis, UE Positioning, Frequency Plan Changes, ANR, Neighboring Cell Usage, Call Failure Analysis, Cell Detection Algorithms w/frequency and Distance Ranking, Handover Tuning, and SS7 Network Monitoring
- Administration function implementations in virtualized, cloud, or hosted environments including automated system deployment, upgrades, maintenance, and backup/restore
- Security Management including user management, activity monitoring, threat detection, and device authentication
3. Mobile & Fixed Networks
Over 20 years of experience with Tier 1 Network Equipment Vendors and Operators in the development of network equipment, maintenance and monitoring, spanning the evolution from wireline to wireless infrastructure down to devices.
- Strong understanding of protocols and implementation of major network elements used within cellular networks including eNodeB, Evolved Packet Core (EPC), IMS, HLR/HSS, SS7/SIGTRAN, Diameter, Call Session Control Function (CSCF) and many others
- Migration of network infrastructure to non-proprietary hardware, servers, or cloud with either custom development or Open Source
- Knowledge of OSS systems and implementation of Operations, Administration, Maintenance, and Provisioning (OAM&P)
- Implementation of cellular devices including mobile phones, cellular based peripherals, gateways, and cellular terminal adapters
- IP Networking
- SDN: SDN Controller & OpenFlow implementation, integration & support, bare metal firmware development, OpenStack, OPNFV, and OpenVSwitch
- L2/L3 protocol stacks implementation, integration & support (data, control, management plane)
- Software development for network processors
- Software development in OTN Control plane
4. Unified Communications
Over 20-years working with multiple Enterprise and Carrier Unified Communications customers.
- Implementation and support of UCaaS including Carrier Grade reliability.
- Contact Center solutions and migration to cloud
- Implementation of PBX and Cloud PBX solutions supporting Enterprise, Government, and E911 Services
- Working knowledge of OpenSource including FreeSwitch, Kamailio, Kazoo, NGINX, and others
- End-to-end knowledge of Enterprise Audio/Video Conferencing solutions
- Full implementation of Client Devices including Desk phones, Conference Phones, Soft Clients, Web Clients, and WebRTC
5. Streaming Applications, Devices & Platform Development
We have assisted numerous customers in getting video streaming content online. Our experience includes:
- Developing various video streaming apps on Android, iOS, ROKU and Smart TVs
- UI/UX graphical design experiences for Video Streaming
- Custom UI elements
- Integration of AD (advertising) services
- Integration of analytics (Google Analytics, Adode Analytics)
- Integration of Adobe Pass
- Submission and publication on App Stores or ROKU Channel store
- Selection of frameworks to meet customers needs
- Mentoring customers in building their own apps including “best industry practices”
- Support, maintenance, testing and automated testing
- Set-Top-Boxes and media streaming devices built on top of either Android or Linux
- Media platforms for streaming