From solution and architecture design to delivery testing and future maintenance and everywhere in between, we support the entire software development cycle. And the importance of Software Product Assessment by an independent software consulting company cannot be overestimated. In fact, Product Assessment is a comprehensive process that involves on-site and offshore analysis of a vendor’s software product and is better conducted by a team of professionals.
To evaluate a product in terms of its reliability and vulnerability, Orion follows a four-stage assessment process. A review of a product with 1M effective lines of code depends on the product complexity and assessment content, so it takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Starting with determining the assessment scope, our team creates an IT due diligence request, followed by assessment and onsite assessments and visits, and then produces an IT due diligence report. Our assessment processes meet the highest technical requirements and, at the same time, offer a cost-effective price-performance ratio.
Being ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified, as well as CMMI®-DEV 1.3 Level 3 compliant, Orion focuses on establishing a product’s compliance with software development coding standards.
We analyze a software product from various angles, including:
- Conformance to requirements
- Deployment process
- Performance, scalability and redundancy
- Database utilization
- Cloud readiness
- Source code quality and compliance with software development coding standards
- Known software bugs/limitations/outstanding customer feature requests
- Localization and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Third-party software used, licensing and potential problems, including Intellectual property violations
- Design and end-user documentation
As a result of the assessment, you will be provided with a report containing all the findings and recommendations on how to address the issues we’ve identified, thus allowing you to make the right decisions moving forward.