“By 2020, 50% of customers will have dismantled test centers of excellence (TCOEs) as they shift to competency centers, agile methodologies and DevOps to provide business agility.” – Gartner
With the increasing reliance on digital products, data analysis, and automation – coupled with rapid changes in technology and digital products – you need to be able to deliver continuous improvement to your digital products. Your customers demand a seamless, reliable experience and have little tolerance for products that don’t perform well.
Orion’s Quality Assurance (QA) and Testing group partners with you to provide rigorous testing and validation of your software development projects. Our quality assurance and testing processes drive the excellence you require for smooth software launches and enhancements and increased customer satisfaction with your digital products. With over 23 years of experience in software development and testing, we offer expert consulting to determine the optimal testing processes and protocols for your software, conducting functional and performance testing, testing automation, and specialized testing.
Continuous Testing & Validation
Software development today is increasingly complex. Rapidly changing technology, data mining and analysis, mobile access and applications, and sophisticated, demanding customers are driving the growth of DevOps (Development and Operations) and Agile development processes. Both are designed for fast, flexible, defect-free development. Automation, continuous delivery improvements, and continuous testing and validation are key success factors in DevOps and Agile environments.
Orion’s testing and validation services are integrated into your continuous development environment by automating your testing protocols. Automated testing speeds testing while increasing test cases and user scenarios.
Challenges in Traditional Testing
|Manual test data setup takes a lot of time||Completely automated test data setup saves time and allows for more extensive testing|
|Manual functional test execution process requires substantial time investment||Functional automation including integration, progression, and regression testing can be conducted quickly|
|Builds are verified manually and testing
may not be complete
|Automated smoke tests save time by identifying potential faulty builds that could impact actual testing at a later stage|
|Manual test management requires time to be created and may not be consistent||Automated test management identifies test scripts once and ensures that testing is complete and consistent|
|Manual security checks||Automated provisions for exhaustive security checks for applications and systems|
|Manual reporting takes up executive time to manage it||Automated dashboards expose full test results and allow instant decisions|
Functional testing is a key quality assurance testing protocol for all software applications. If software does not function as designed, it will not be accepted and used. Orion’s functional testing goes beyond function, extending to basic usability and build quality – ensuring your software performs as expected in real-life scenarios. Our functional testing services include:
We ensure that the application works as expected after improvements and fixes have been applied to it. We analyze the potential impact of the changes in a test environment, applying both manual and automated regression testing approaches. Our regression testing solution covers all types of changes to the application, including bug fixes, new features, enhanced functionality, code patching, interface changes, and integration with other applications.
User Acceptance Testing
We understand that user acceptance is the goal for your development. We work with you from the requirement definition phase to define the user needs and manage the user acceptance testing process.
No testing is complete without measuring the security of the applications. We help uncover vulnerabilities in applications – web, mobile, and web services – and associated modules by performing static and dynamic security testing. Our data management expertise help you in data security validation for role-based authentication and authorization testing.
Test automation is at the core of our testing services for digital transformation. With test automation, we help reduce the time required for testing while increasing the testing scenarios you can run and improving the consistency of your testing protocols. With reusable frameworks, script engines and proprietary tools, we assist clients accelerate functional and regression testing across multiple technologies. Our key test automation helps you with:
- Automation assessment and advisory
- Defining and develop automation frameworks to automate testing of all applications and systems across business processes
- Implement automation testing tools
- Development of custom automated testing solutions for special requirements
- Migration of test automation tools from one platform to another
Big Data Testing
Big data projects require a robust testing strategy for successful execution. Orion offers comprehensive testing solutions, from data acquisition to data analytics testing. Our capabilities include:
- Big data source extraction testing and validation
- Data migration testing
- Data performance testing
- Data analytics and visualization testing
- Data security testing
Risk Based Testing (RBT)
Strong adherence to a risk based framework for all inclusive Quality Assurance (QA)
Risk based testing is an effective approach to mitigate any negative or undesirable outcomes by prioritizing the tests of features and functions in software, based on the risk of failure, the function of their importance and likelihood or impact of failure. It allows you to determine and analyze the impact of defects in your software application based on various parameters such as functionality, complexity, business criticality, usage frequency etc. Among the innumerable risks, below is a list of the most commonly faced risks by businesses:
- Clarity of requirements
- Frequency of changes
- Build/Release cycles
- Testing timelines
- Technology platform related risks
- Depth of QA
- Business impact ratings for functional areas
- Effectiveness of test plans & related artefacts
At Orion, we cover all the bases by providing you the direction for which test strategies to use, how to select the test objects and vital test cases, evaluating your present level of system quality and risk, reporting of test results, and inputs to help you mitigate prevailing risks. With our holistic approach, we help also you to:
- Assess and document “project” risks that threaten the successful execution of a project
- Decompose the functionality of the software application and assign weighted ratings from a business risk stand-point
- Ensure that the risk matrix is followed during the testing process
- Maintain traceability/accountability of changes to the application (functional and technical)
- Overcome unnecessary risks created by a lack of comprehensive testing
The Orion Advantage
- Over 100 years of combined testing experience
- Expertise in various testing tools such as visual studio ultimate, HP performance center, Quick Test Professional (QTP) and Selenium
- Cross industry and domain expertise to leverage practical scenarios and application performance no matter which industry you belong to
- Platform versatility including cloud, on premise, web apps, APIs, and other web services
- In-house, ready-to-use frameworks and tools for faster ROI
- Extensive test automation to leverage business scenarios
- Robust project management process saving time and costs