Your Rights and Choices
Rights of US Consumers under the CCPA
You are entitled to the following rights, if the processing of your personal information is subject to the CCPA:
Changes to your personal data
It is important for us that we hold your current and accurate personal data. Please keep us informed about changes to your personal data during our relationship.
Your rights in connection with personal data
By law, under certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data – This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data – This enables you to ask us, in certain situations, to delete or remove your personal data unless our processing is specifically permitted under the CCPA.
- Right of disclosure for sale of data or use for business purposes – This enables you to ask us, in certain circumstances, to provide you with the categories of personal data and third parties we disclose for sale or business purposes. Orion Innovations does not sell your personal data under any circumstances, this right may only apply where Orion discloses your personal data for a business purpose.
- Data portability -This enables you to ask us, in certain circumstances, to provide you with the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format or to transmit the personal data that you have provided to us to another party.
- Right to opt-out – This enables you to opt-out of the sale of your personal data by a business to other third parties. Orion Innovations does not sell your personal data under any circumstances, this right may only apply where Orion discloses your personal data for a business purpose.
- Right to non-discrimination – This specifies that Orion Innovations will not discriminate against you in any way or under any circumstance for exercising your rights to your data under the CCPA.
- Right to withdraw consent – In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact us at [email protected]. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legal basis for doing so.
Exercising your rights
To exercise the access, data portability, deletion rights, and right to opt-out described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by [email protected] with the subject line as CCPA.
Our website provides you an option to subscribe/opt-in and our marketing automation tool manages your preferences to receive communications from us including newsletters, service updates and marketing content. You can also write to us at [email protected] to opt-out of such options or click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the footer of any email communication received by you from us. Orion shall strictly adhere to your preferences.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may send us a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also send us a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only send us a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that enables us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient details that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we are unable verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. For all requests, it is helpful to put the statement “California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request. Also, please describe the nature of your request, and provide your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In your request, you need to provide enough information or details that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person that we collected information about.
You do not need to create an account with us to make a verifiable consumer request.
We will only use the personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request for the purpose to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We will acknowledge receipt of a verifiable consumer request within ten (10) business days and provide information on how we will process the request.
We will provide a response to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) calendar days of its receipt. If we require more time (more than 45 calendar days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, as per your preference.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For requests related to data portability, we will select a format that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit your personal information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will inform you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before proceeding with your request.
Changes to this CCPA Privacy Statement
Orion reserves the right to amend this CCPA Privacy Statement any time as per our discretion. We will publish the updated CCPA Privacy Statement on our website along with the updated date whenever there is a change in the policy. Your continued use of our “Orion” website following the publishing of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.