AI-powered Computer Vision & NLP Platform
The Orion Cognitive Engine is Orion’s proprietary, state-of-the art AI-based solution accelerator for Computer Vision and Natural Language Processing/Understanding (NLP/NLU). The platform processes unstructured data in the form of texts, documents, web pages, images and videos by leveraging deep learning cognitive models for extraction of contextual and semantic insights required for business decision making.
Therefore, data available in the form of images, videos, and different text formats can be processed and fed into computing and analytical systems in order to arrive at actionable data points and draw insightful conclusions within relevant industries, including:
- Information Technology
- Financial Services
- Healthcare & Pharma
- Security & Surveillance
- Staffing & Recruitment
How the Orion Cognitive Engine Works
The Orion Cognitive Engine comprises 2 modules:
- Computer Vision – Synthesizes, processes, and analyzes different types of visual data
- NLP/NLU – Understands, processes, and analyzes textual data and documents in different languages, ultimately giving machines the ability to derive contextual meaning from various languages for business use cases
Computer Vision Features:
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR): This sub-module converts scanned images of text into electronic text so that digitized data can be searched, indexed and retrieved.
- Object Identification: This is an AI-powered, deep learning technology used for identifying common objects from a given image or video, along with the accuracy level for each object.
- Image Classification: This sub-module uses deep learning and AI for categorizing and differentiating images into distinct classes and predicts which class each image belongs to.
- Video Analytics: This sub-module automatically analyzes videos to detect and determine temporal and spatial events. Video analytics is often used for surveillance and monitoring; it identifies specific events as they unfold and raises alerts, ultimately enabling quicker responses and efficient risk mitigation.
Computer Vision Benefits:
- Simplify character recognition with > 90% accuracy.
- Extract data from images/videos and make datasets available for processing.
- Make scannable books searchable.
- Convert handwritten scans to computer-friendly text.
- Index documents for use by search engines.
- Detect and classify objects in images and videos.
- Image and face recognition on social networks.
- Visual search for improved product discoverability.
- Detect the presence or absence of medical conditions.
- Improve customer service and queue management in various industries.
- Texting Mining and Summarization
- RSS Feeds Processing
- Document Similarity Assessment
- Multilabel Classification:
- Extract data from documents available in multiple languages.
- Classify data into multiple blocks/classes contextually.
- Identify and categorize sentiments across data derived from opinions.
- Summarize lengthy textual data in a short paragraph.
- Understand and interpret human speech and writing.
Learn more about our Data & Analytics services.