The customer is a well-known American provider of VoIP solutions for home and office environments. Looking to increase their market share, the customer decided to offer their clients in the US and Canada a completely new product based on their existing IP phone solution.
Our team was asked to develop a cloud-based system for smart home security from scratch. The customer asked us to deliver a powerful, customizable solution with a user-friendly interface and do-it-yourself installation.
The client also asked us to revise and improve their existing R&D processes.
We took over the entire development lifecycle, implemented best-in-class architecture practices and aligned customer’s software development processes with the latest methodologies and trends.
Our team covered all areas from architecture design and backend development to application design and comprehensive product testing for both software and hardware. The customer asked that different types of wireless sensors be seamlessly integrated into the system. We also designed a modern UI for mobile and web applications.
Working proactively, the team took full responsibility for the product. The project was completed on time and with all the features successfully implemented. In less than 2 years later, the home security system was ready to go to market.
Since that time, we have been helping the customer to continuously improve the solution, add new functionalities and enhance the product’s performance and stability.
The product’s first release was available for end-users in 2017. Overall, existing users and new clients were pleased with the home security and monitoring solution.
A do-it-yourself system installation didn’t require specific technical skills so homeowners set up the entire system, including wireless sensors, which significantly reduced initial expenses. Such usability and functionality of the solution, on the other hand, generate exponential sales growth for the customer.
- 24/7 home protection and monitoring
- Integration with a full range of wireless security sensors to scale the system: water leak, front/side doors, window, garage door, smoke alarm and more. System supports up to 100 sensors.
- Instant event alerts in Android/iOS app or via email, SMS or phone call
- Remote 911 call from a consumer’s home phone in case of emergency
- Intuitive web and mobile interface to configure security settings and manage alerts
- Automatic arming and disarming based on a user’s GPS location, time of day and day of the week
- Home phone service
- HMS Server
- Spring Framework
- Android (apps)
- Java for Android