To enable all business users, regardless of technical acumen, to derive value from self-service analytics tools, companies need to be able to provide access to the data through a unified semantic layer, which ensures that no matter the data source, users can access the data using common definitions that are standard, within each particular business culture.
|However, companies are unable to establish unified semantic layer because of the age-old challenge: Data is spread across multiple heterogeneous databases, data warehouses, cloud and big data systems. No SQL sources, and flat files, so models and definitions will vary.|
Download this solution brief to learn more about the following:
- The two related challenges with the age-old challenge.
- How we define a Universal Semantic Layer.
- How data virtualization addresses the highlighted challenges.
- How data virtualization enables companies to implement a unified semantic layer.
- Two case studies of companies that have successfully leveraged data virtualization to implement universal semantic layer in the service of true self-service analytics.
The content was jointly developed by our partner Denodo.
Learn more about using Data Virtualization for digital transformation.