The client is a leading global provider of payments and financial services technology solutions for banks, credit unions, retailers and government institutions. They help their clients through innovation in account processing, digital banking solutions, card issuing, merchant acquiring, payment gateways and cloud-based point of sale solutions.
The client sought a new software application to analyze their existing and newer markets, expand their market share, increase digital adoption and drive business growth. The client had three main objectives:
- Branch Budgeting: Aggregated account balance forecasts to better target specific consumer and commercial products for a branch location.
- Branch Optimization: Accurate, quantified data on market potential to guide decisions about staffing, resource allocations, relocations, closures, M&A evaluations, expansion and more.
- Market Analysis: Predict which customers are likely to buy particular consumer or commercial products, then execute more effective cross-sell, retention and new marketing initiatives.
Orion formed a software engineering pod and utilized agile best practices for this greenfield software application in a milestone-based commercial model. Orion brought together experienced design consultants, top digital engineers, and product talent to build a unique financial product. Orion took an iterative development approach and released the application to the user community for early feedback. The feedback was incorporated into the next release cycle and time to market was considerably reduced.
Technology Stack: The application was developed as a single-page application using component-based architecture.
- Page Markup Design using HTML
- Styling & Templating using CSS (CSS-IN-JS)
- Component Development – ReactJS
- Data Visualization – D3.js
- Map Components – Mapquest
- Data Delivery – Rest Services
The FinTech client now has a unique application in development, launching in April 2022, that will assist their financial analysts and strategic advisors to determine the next best market to open new branches and optimize the existing branch locations.