Orion Systems Integrators, LLC and its subsidiaries and its affiliates (collectively, “Orion,” “we” or “us”) are committed to protecting your privacy. This Candidate Privacy Notice (“Notice”) explains:
- What information we collect during our application and recruitment process and why we collect it;
- How we handle that information; and
- How to access and update that information.
By making available your Candidate Data, as defined below, you confirm that:
- You have reviewed this Notice and agree that Orion may process your Candidate Data in accordance with this Notice;
- You have provided any notices and obtained any consents needed to provide information concerning others (e.g., information about employment references); and
- Your Candidate Data may be transferred to and processed in countries other than your home country, including the United States and other countries provided that these transfer(s) and processing are subject to appropriate safeguards required by applicable law, including those of the European Union Commission, for the purposes and in the manner specified in this Notice.
Orion will process Candidate Data in accordance with this Notice, unless in conflict with requirements of applicable law, in which case applicable law will prevail.
Your consent to the provisions of this Notice is required in order to submit or make available Candidate Data. If you decline to submit or make available your Candidate Data, it may affect your ability to apply for or receive an offer of employment.
This Notice does not form part of any contract of employment offered to candidates hired by Orion.
Candidate Data is identifiable information that an individual makes available to Orion either directly or indirectly in connection with the recruiting process or sharing your work experience or interests. Orion may collect Candidate Data directly from a job candidate or from third parties, for example, in connection with a background or employment check or employment reference, subject to your consent where required by law. Candidate Data may include a variety of information, such as candidate status, work history/job data, education, compensation, employer feedback, questionnaire results, contact information, previous addresses or names, additional information provided by the candidate (e.g., a cover letter), expertise or project work publicly shared, driver’s license number as required for certain positions, references, and criminal history where permitted by law.
Processing refers to any action performed on Candidate Data, such as collecting, recording, organizing, storing, transferring, modifying, using, disclosing, or deleting.
Sensitive Candidate Data is Candidate Data concerning nationality or citizenship, race or ethnic origin, criminal history, or trade union membership. Orion does not request or consider information concerning religion, sex life or political opinions in connection with recruiting.
We may collect the following general types of information about you:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- Your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or the application and recruitment process;
- Information from interviews and phone screenings you may have, if any;
- Details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- Details of how you heard about the position you are applying for;
- Any sensitive and/or demographic information obtained during the application or recruitment process such as gender, information about your citizenship and/or nationality, medical or health information and/or your racial or ethnic origin;
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks (where applicable), including information provided by third parties;
- Information relating to any previous applications you may have made to Orion and/or any previous employment history with Orion;
- Information about your educational and professional background from publicly available sources, including online, that we believe is relevant to your application or a potential future application (e.g. your LinkedIn profile); and/or
- Information related to any assessment you may take as part of the interview screening process.
You may use various electronic and paper methods to submit Candidate Data to Orion. You agree that, in addition to collecting Candidate Data directly from you, Orion may collect Candidate Data from third parties, for example, from recruiters, in connection with a background or employment check or an employment reference (subject to your consent where required by law) or, to the extent permitted by law, from a recruiting or other website where you may have provided information about your work experience or interests.
Processing and Retention
Your information will be used by Orion for the purposes of carrying out its application and recruitment process which includes:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
- Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
- Communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities at Orion;
- Creating and/or submitting reports as required under any local laws and/or regulations, where applicable;
- Where requested by you, assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required;
- Making improvements to Orion’s application and/or recruitment process including improving diversity in recruitment practices; and/or
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests; and/or
- Proactively conducting research about your educational and professional background and skills and contacting you if we think you would be suitable for a role with us.
Orion processes Candidate Data for legitimate human resources and business management purposes. These include identifying and evaluating candidates for Orion positions; record-keeping related to hiring processes; analyzing the hiring process and outcomes; and conducting background checks, where permitted by law. In addition, Candidate Data may be used to comply with Orion’s legal, regulatory and corporate governance requirements. If a candidate is hired, Candidate Data may be used in connection with the candidate’s employment consistent with Orion’s employment data protection policies.
If you apply for a job at Orion and your application is unsuccessful (or you withdraw from the process or decline our offer), Orion will retain your information for a period after your application in accordance with Orion’s retention procedures for the particular location where your information is retained. We retain your information for various reasons, including in case we face a legal challenge in respect of a recruitment decision, to consider you for other current or future jobs at Orion and to help us better understand, analyze and improve our recruitment processes.
If you do not want us to retain your information for consideration for other roles, or want us to update it, please contact us as specified under Inquiries, Complaints, Objections and Restrictions below. Please note, however, that we may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary in the event of legal claims.
Sharing with Third Parties
Orion may transfer Candidate Data to external third party providers performing certain services for Orion. Such third party providers have access to Candidate Data solely for the purposes of performing the services specified in the applicable service contract, and Orion requires the providers to undertake security measures consistent with the protections specified in this Notice.
Orion may be required to disclose certain Candidate Data to other third parties: (1) as required by law; (2) to protect Orion’s legal rights to the extent authorized or permitted by law; or (3) in an emergency where the health or safety of a candidate or other individual may be endangered. In addition, in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, or other transfer or disposition of all or any portion of Orion’s business, Orion may transfer Candidate Data to successor entities or parties.
International Data Transfers
Orion operates globally. Accordingly, Candidate Data may be stored and processed outside of the country or region where it was originally collected including in the U.S. In some of these countries, you may have fewer rights in respect of your information than you do in your home country. Orion maintains and applies employment data protection standards consistent with those specified in this Notice to its operations globally. As described in our Privacy Shield Data Privacy Statement, we adhere to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework published by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding European Union non-HR and HR data and Swiss non-HR and HR data transferred under the Privacy Shield Framework from member countries of the European Union and Switzerland to Orion’s various operational centers in the U.S. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Program and to view Orion’s certification, please visit the Privacy Shield website. If you have an inquiry regarding our privacy practices in relation to our Privacy Shield certification, we encourage you to contact us as specified under Inquiries, Complaints, Objections and Restrictions below. You may also refer a complaint to your local data protection authority and we will work with them to resolve your concern. In certain circumstances, the Privacy Shield Framework provides the right to invoke binding arbitration to resolve complaints not resolved by other means, as described in Annex I to the Privacy Shield Principles.
Sensitive Candidate Data
Orion may perform background and criminal checks where permitted by law, and may process other “Sensitive” Candidate Data, such as citizenship or nationality information or health information, when relevant for a position and permitted by law. If Orion intends to collect Sensitive Candidate Data from third parties, you will be provided notice and the opportunity to consent. If you have a disability and would like Orion to consider an accommodation, you may provide that information during the recruiting process. To the extent you make Sensitive Candidate Data available to Orion, you consent to Orion processing such Data in accordance with this Notice.
Security and Confidentiality
Orion employs technical and organizational measures designed to protect the integrity, confidentiality, security and availability of Candidate Data, and to comply with applicable legal requirements for information security. Orion limits access to internal systems that hold Candidate Data to individuals who need access for a legitimate business purpose.
You may exercise the following rights in relation to your Candidate Data:
Access, Correction, Deletion and Portability: Orion will provide you access to your Candidate Data that Orion holds, as well as a means to make that data portable, to the extent required by law in your home country, regardless of the location of the Candidate Data processing. You may request correction or deletion of that Candidate Data, except where retention is required by your contractual relationship with Orion, in the context of a legal dispute, or as otherwise required by law. Please contact us as specified under Inquiries, Complaints, Objections and Restrictions below. If access, correction, deletion or portability is denied, the reason for the denial will be communicated to you. We will respond to any requests in accordance with applicable law, and so there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
Inquiries, Complaints, Objections and Restrictions: You may withdraw consent to the processing of your Candidate Data or submit inquiries, complaints, objections and/or requests to restrict processing to the processing of your Candidate Data by sending a request in writing to: Privacy Officer, Orion Systems Integrators, LLC, 333 Thornall Street, 7th Floor, Edison, NJ 08837, or by email at [email protected]. The processes described in this Notice supplement any other remedies and dispute resolution processes provided by Orion and/or available under applicable law.
Changes to this Notice
We may change this Notice from time to time. We will post any changes to this Notice on this webpage. Each version of this Notice is identified by its effective (or last updated) date above. If you submit additional Candidate Data or request to be considered for an Orion position following the last updated date of this Notice, your Candidate Data will be handled in accordance with the Notice in effect at that time.