The client helps frequent travelers and multi-state homeowners track their travel between different states using the GPS feature and specific tax residency rules of all 50 States.
Our client had a manual process of managing duty day lists and taxable day lists and was looking to automate their legacy processes.
Orion developed an iOS application for managing duty day lists and taxable day lists for travel within the US states. The application provided the following capabilities:
• GPS Jurisdiction tracking. Track and record the jurisdictions whenever there are changes
• Home & work jurisdiction management: Ability to manage jurisdictions of work and home
• Duty days per jurisdiction reporting: In app summary report to view the cumulative duty days per jurisdiction.
• Jurisdiction rules: Specific jurisdiction rules built into the application database
• Detailed audit reports. Audit reports including evidence of the user’s location via images/records of receipts, etc.
• Integration with expense recording systems: integration with expense management systems for jurisdiction evidence
The client was able to automate the tracking and managing of duty day lists, improving accuracy and efficiency in the process of maintaining duty day and taxable day lists.