The client, a mid-sized American insurance company (offering home, auto, life and business insurance protection to policyholders) embarked on a complete transformation of its IT applications, infrastructure and service delivery.
The client was transforming their existing business processes and technology utilizing Guidewire InsuranceSuite technology platform (Policy Center, Billing Center and Claims Center) and needed a managed services provider to support their transformational journey by sustaining their core legacy applications/technology.
Orion was awarded a Managed Services Provider (MSP) $10 Million contract for five years. Commencing in August 2021, the project scope was to maintain the client’s current core systems and infrastructure during the transformational phase that included a significant shift in the company’s technology systems. To address this challenge, Orion proposed a custom solution that included:
- Rebadging associates, as well as onboarding offshore resources (India)
- Leveraging Orion’s combined strengths: MSP experience, project management, process discipline and continuous improvement
- Developing and executing a knowledge transfer plan, essential to ensure service levels would be met as well as catalyze and facilitate innovation
- Providing support and cost savings required to shift the budget to transformational activities
Leveraging our vast experience in managed services, Orion delivered a custom solution that not only met the objectives of the transformation program, but also guaranteed service levels tied to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and outcomes. Service-Level Agreements (SLAs) and KPIs allowed Orion’s onshore and offshore teams to:
- Effectively communicate and work towards the same goals and objectives
- Reduce troubleshooting time through a strong knowledge management system that captured legacy system insight
- Automate reporting utilizing BI dashboards
- Achieve 100% adherence to established SLAs
- Achieve 100% successful delivery on all scheduled and emergency releases
- Deliver value-add and cost savings up to 50%
The client became a key account and a strategic partner for Orion, which has resulted in a lasting and fruitful collaboration.