Named one of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes magazine, Red Hat, Inc. asked Orion Behavior Design Studios to elevate its digital presence to clearly reflect its status as a billion dollar company and the world’s leading provider of open source solutions.
Simplifying and Amplifying the Brand
In order to compete with the Microsoft’s and IBM’s of the world, Red Hat’s global presence needed to demonstrate a unified strategy and consistency in its content, marketing and execution. The new RedHat.com and related digital properties focused on a single brand voice and message, and a publishing platform with logical workflow designed for flexibility.
Faceted Content Ecosystem
Orion recommended presenting Red Hat offerings through four primary lenses: challenge, product, customer, and industry. Each content entry point told a slightly different story, highlighting another dimension to the offering. At the same time all four perspectives were interconnected to allow for continuous, fluid movement. A holistic approach to products meant each product was positioned as part and parcel of a larger solution set that included cross-promotion of related products, services, and support.
Aligning User Goals with Content
Orion’s strategy included targeted content curation aimed at the needs of three primary audiences, with the goal of increasing engagement, lead generation, subscriptions, training, and renewals. Orion suggested careful placement of high-level information fit for IT executives with summaries of a solution, top-line benefits and key customer success stories. Deeper pages within the site such as product pages provide a wealth of information for IT managers and developers including datasheets, white papers, videos, webinars and case studies.
Building a Global Community
Core to the UX strategy was building and showcasing the global Red Hat community by giving visibility to advocates, partners and thought leaders and enriching connections with customers.
- Rethought entire digital presence to elevate perception and project unique culture and values
- Focus on impactful and relevant content that speaks to multiple audience types, driving each to targeted actions
- Supported sales by repositioning product offerings as part of a larger solution set
- Amplified success stories to exemplify real-world results
- Promoted products as part of a larger context: solution set, customer story, challenge, or industry
- Multi-brand challenge: created a design system adapted to work with related sub-brands and properties within digital ecosystem